- Exciting opportunity at brand new restaurant
- Excellent salary based on experience
- Box Hill Location
OCTOPUS Hospitality – is a leading provider of Hospitality staff.
We are seeking an experience Venue Manager to join a trendy business in Box Hill.
Our client is a brand-new sophisticated restaurant with chefs, formerly of Nobu and Sake fuse traditional Japanese cooking with seasonal Australian Ingredients.
We are seeking an Venue Manager who is confident, fun and engaging to help create a unique customer experience. Your role will be to plan and run all in-house events and ensure that customer needs are catered for throughout.
About the Role
Venue manager responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate daily Front of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
Key Selection Criteria
- Proven work experience as a Venue Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality Manager or similar role
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff
- Familiarity with restaurant management software
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration; hospitality management or culinary schooling is a plus (Desirable)
If you have plenty of energy, love hospitality and want to work with a fun, passionate team – then this is the role for you!
You must be Permanent Resident or Australian Citizen to be considered for this role. If you believe this role is for you please apply now with the latest version of your CV.
Only selected candidates will be contacted