Melbourne’s leading agency Octopus Hospitality are currently recruiting experienced Food Service Assistant’s, Catering Assistant’s & Kitchen Hand’s to work on a casual basis with in our temp pool.
You will work at top Catering sites and facilities across Melbourne to suit your schedule.
To be considered for these fantastic and flexible roles, you MUST have a MINIMUM of 2 years Commercial Catering or Cafe experience in a fast paced and professional environment and you VIC Food Handlers Certificate (FHC).
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Preparing large quantities of pre-made sandwiches, salad’s and additional prep work
- Producing quality espresso coffee in a busy environment
- Cash register operation and cash counting
- Toasting, grilling and heating a range of food items
- Set ups, floor clearing and kitchen cleaning
- Serve customers with a welcoming smile
To be successful, you will also need the following:
- The ability to travel to different work locations
- An open approach to late notice shifts – ASAP’s
- Sound food prep skills and catering knowledge
- HACCP and food safety training and experience
- A flexible, adaptable and POSITIVE approach
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions and work autonomously
- Immaculate presentation and grooming
- Minimum 3 days a week availability
- Willing to obtain a Police Check, WWCC and FHC